Talented Burnley College bands to play at Over The Hill concert at Clitheroe’s top venue The Grand
Talented Music students at Burnley College Sixth Form Centre will be taking to the stage at the Over The Hill concert featuring top local bands at The Grand, one of Clitheroe’s top venues.
The musicians, who play in established bands The Social and Until Joy, made it through a hotly-contested selection process to support headline acts The Ruby Tuesdays, fresh from signing a record deal, and Blackburn rock band Anhedonia.
The concert, on 28 May, is expected to be a sell-out, with College students and those on degree-level courses at Burnley College University Courses also supporting sound engineers, stage managers and front-of-house staff on the night.
“We’re really proud of the exceptionally close links we have with The Grand – our students are there every week making use of the amazing facilities to bring their Music and Music Technology studies to life in a professional environment.”
The Burnley College bands performing are The Social, comprising of Advanced Level Music students:
· Alicia Weston-Ruiz (vocals), a former pupil at Todmorden High School
· Joe Mason (drums), a former pupil of Rhyddings County High School, Accrington
· Jack Brown (bass guitar), a former pupil of Bowland County Secondary School
· James Wright (keyboard), a former pupil of Todmorden High School
· Tommy Handley (guitar), a former pupil of Colne Park High School
and Until Joy, comprising of
· Joel Taylor (guitar and vocals), a former pupil of Bowland County Secondary School
· Lydia Tregay (bass and vocals), a former pupil of Blessed Trinity RC College, Burnley
· Emma Tierney, (vocals), a former pupil of Blessed Trinity RC College, Burnley
· Frankie Montgomery (guitar)
Sophie Savage (drums), a former pupil of Unity College, Burnley
“At Burnley College we’re dedicated to ensuring all our students get the very best experiences and have real-life industry experience so this opportunity to play such a significant role in the Over The Hill concert is truly amazing.
“From the musicians who will be playing on stage to those ensuring the event runs smoothly, this will be an invaluable experience to help them take the next step towards their dream of a career in the music or live events industry.”
Tickets are selling fast for Over The Hill so get yours now! They’re available via The Grand’s website (thegrandvenue.co.uk) at £6 and £4.50. Doors open at 7pm, with the musicians taking to the stage at 7-45pm.
If you’re passionate about Music – whether that’s studying after GCSEs or at degree-level – we have a course for you at Burnley College and Burnley College University Courses. Now’s the time to apply to start your studies in September – and share in the amazing opportunities open to our current students. Find out more by visiting burnley.ac.uk, emailing [email protected] or calling 01282 733373.