Protecting vulnerable individuals from the risk of radicalisation and extremism through the Prevent programme – a national government initiative. To this end we actively promote and support the British values of:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs.
We work tirelessly and proactively to ensure the wellbeing of all members of the Burnley College family and visitors by:
- Having up-to-date, clear policies and procedures in place
- Employing highly-trained Safeguarding professionals
- Conducting checks to ensure all staff are suitable to work with young people
- Actively encouraging students and staff to raise any concerns
- Taking all concerns seriously, acting upon them and offering support through college and specialist services
- Training all staff in safeguarding and Prevent at a level appropriate to their role
- Delivering tutorials covering a range of subject areas around safeguarding.