Advanced Learner Loans
An Advanced Learner Loan could fund your Level 3 or above qualification and help you achieve qualifications to progress to university-level study at Burnley College University Courses, gain promotion at work or launch a new career.
If you study an Access to Higher Education Diploma, Student Finance England will ‘write off’ your Advanced Learner Loan once you complete an eligible university-level course.
- Apply for a loan of £300 or more
- You pay nothing up front for your course fees
- You don’t pay anything back until you earn more than £27,295 a year
- There are no credit checks and the loan doesn’t depend on your income
- You can get an Advanced Learner Loan even if you have had one before (maximum of 4 loans)
- There are no credit checks beforehand
- You can access an Advanced Learner Loan if you are on benefits or unemployed
- The loan isn’t based on your household income
- You can take out more than one Advanced Learner Loan at the same time to cover two applicable courses.
To qualify for a loan, you must be:
- Aged 24 or over at the start of your course
- Aged 19 to 23 and already have studied a full Level 3 course (that’s A Levels or an Advanced Vocational qualification)
- Resident in the UK for the past three years