Sport Fitness and Gym: Exercise Referral
Certificate • Level 3
About the course
The Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral is aimed at qualified fitness professionals who wish to learn how to provide assistance/advice and design exercise programmes for people with certain medical conditions which put their health at risk.
The course runs one evening per week for 20 weeks.
Type of LearningAdult Learning
Study ModePart Time
Learners must hold one or more of the following: - Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or equivalent - Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training - Level 3 Diploma Teaching Pilates - Level 3 Diploma Teaching Yoga
The units you will cover are:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise and Health
- Applying the Principles of Nutrition to a Physical Activity Programme
- Instructing Exercise with Referred Patients
- Professional Practice for Exercise Referral Instructors
- Understanding Medical Conditions for Exercise Referral
- Planning Exercise Referral Programmes with Patients
There will be an exam, online assessments and a practical assessment
Careers & Progression
This qualification can lead to employment as an Exercise Referral Instructor, or in any role that involves tailoring exercise for people with medical conditions covered by the qualification. This qualification provides progression to other qualifications at the same and higher levels e.g. Level 4 Certificate in Weight Management for individuals with Obesity, Diabetes and or Metabolic Syndrome, Level 4 Certificate in Programming Physical Activity for Individuals with Low back pain and any Level 4 specialist exercise instructor qualifications.