Maintenance, Repair and Fault Finding of Gas and Electric Domestic Combination Boilers
About the course
This 1 day course is designed for those who want to improve their knowledge, develop their skills and learn best practice when fault finding and repairing a gas boiler.
Throughout the day the trainers will be coaching you through various fault finding and repair tasks demonstrated on Worcester Bosch's range of gas boilers.
- Awareness of the most common causes of faults for heating systems and boilers.
- Understanding and identification of system and installation faults and their symptoms.
- Understand the basic operating principles of combi, system and regular boilers.
- Understand the ignition sequence of a boiler and how it may be used to diagnose faults.
- Understand the equipment used to diagnose faults and learn their functions.
- Understand the differences between live and dead testing and their risks.
- Understand the importance of correct polarity and the risks of incorrect electrical installation.
- Learn how to work safely on a boiler by using the safe isolation procedure.
- Use the equipment during various tasks and understand the readings taken to diagnose faults across numerous components.
- Apply core principles and methodology of fault finding to broken down boilers.
- Demonstrate the use of fault finding equipment on components and successfully interpret the readings.
- Learn how to replace faulty components across the Worcester Bosch range of gas boilers.
Type of LearningTraining
Study Mode1 day course
Awarded ByBurnley College Certificate
Prerequisites You must be Gas Safe registered holding a current CCN1 and CENWAT qualification. Your Gas Safe card/number will be checked upon arrival at the college or you can attend as industry apprentice or on a Managed Learning Program (MLP), if you are accompanied by your Mentor who must be Gas Safe registered and hold a current CCN1 and CENWAT qualification; both of you need to book a place on the course.
Information About Fees