Allspeeds manufactures 5 different product lines: Webtool hydraulic ROV cutters and systems, Tangye lifting jacks and hydrostatic test pumps, Millingford sucker rod pumps, Kopp variable speed drives and Blake Hydram water pumps. the company employs around 30 staff at its one site in Accrington and exports it’s products around the world. They are now looking for an apprentice to join their finance team to complete a Level 2 AAT qualification.
Ideally following completion of the apprenticeship the candidate would continue to study towards either completing AAT Level 3 & Level 4 and/or go on to ACCA/CIMA qualification. In terms of career progression, once fully qualified it would be expected that the candidate assumes full day-to day running of the finance department.
• Accounts Payable (Processing invoices & credit notes, supplier payment allocations, preparing monthly payment run for approval).
• Accounts Receivable (Customer receipt entry and allocations, some credit control tasks)
• Preparing expense reports ready for approval.
• Preparing & posting month end journals.
• Preparing payroll information to be sent to 3rd party payroll bureau.
Moving on to areas such as:
• VAT returns
• Bank Reconciliations.
• Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Providing cover for routine procurement duties (Normally covered by full-time buyer)
• Maintaining fixed asset register.
• Assisting with year-end audit