About this vacancy
At Burnley High School, everyone is committed to providing the best education and opportunities for their students. Every student at Burnley High School is encouraged to have aspirational and ambitious goals and everybody is responsible for creating a culture of academic excellence. Their vision as a school is to tackle social disadvantage through high expectations and an ambitious curriculum. An exciting opportunity has come across for a Teaching Assistant Apprentice to join the team at Burnley High.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- GCSE or Equivalent qualification in English & Mathematics at level 5-9
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
- Good time management & organisational skills
- Experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age
SectorChildcare & Teaching
Wage£5.28 per hour
Duties/main responsibilties include:
The main duties of the role include:
- To work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff, within the classroom with the teacher, supporting access to learning for pupils and providing general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
- To support pupils to overcome barriers to learning, promoting the inclusion of all pupils by developing their communication skills, supporting them to manage their behaviour, developing independence and social skills and to take responsibility for monitoring/reporting on the impact of classroom-based interventions.
- To provide teacher support, supervision, guidance and learning opportunities in all non-lesson-based activities as designated by the class teacher.
The working week is 8am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday with a hour for lunch.