About this vacancy
Tensar are an established business that are offering an exciting opportunity for somebody looking to start a career in the science industry. Over the course of the apprenticeship your role will increase in responsibilities and you will become a vital member of the team.
Skills and Personal Qualities required for the role:
- Health & safety – Highlights potential health and safety risks and hazards immediately, personally intervening when safe to do so
- Integrity – Takes the lead to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Teamwork & diversity – Role-models treating others as equals, with respect, in a professional conduct with colleagues across all roles, functions and sites Continuing personal growth
- Looks for ways to develop in their own role – either by seeking development opportunities or by taking on more responsibility or setting themselves stretching targets
- Accountability – Independent thinker; thinks through and tries to resolve problems, seeks answers to questions before asking, knowing when to escalate.
- Continuous innovation – Acknowledging mistakes or errors, reflecting on what went wrong, and using this as a learning experience to improve future performance.
- Customer-centric mindset – Expresses pride to be part of Tensar, presenting themselves in a positive way to internal and external customers.
- Ability to work unsupervised in a safe manner and take decisions based on own judgement as the role is shift based where two thirds of the time direct functional line management may not be available.
- Requires knowledge of mechanical testing theory and the ability to safely alter and operate a range of laboratory equipment, in some cases with specialised software.
- Ability to read and understand internationally recognised standards and also follow, read and write internal procedures, both of which are technically orientated.
- Ability to solve or handle analytical problems using own initiative.
GCSE grades C (4) or above required in Maths, English and Science. Over the course of the apprenticeship the learner will be fully supported through gaining a level 3 qualification and receive full on the job training.
For the right candidate this role could lead to future full time employment and potential t progress within the role.
Please see the link to the company address – https://www.tensarinternational.com/Systems-Products/TriAx-geogrids-TX
Duties/main responsibilties include:
To ensure all aspects of the manufactured products conform to specification through inspection, testing and verification of those products to prescribed standards whilst also supporting the quality and technical functions as required.
- Inspects, tests, verifies and either authorises or rejects the release of manufactured product in order to ensure all relevant specifications are adhered too
- Assess, test and report on a variety of non-core product specifications, competitor products, trials and development projects in order to provide information to the production, quality, technical and civil engineering departments to assist them with their decisions
- Fundamentally support the quality and technical staff in any given task to ensure the departmental workload required to complete is done in the most efficient manner
- Ensure that QC records are complete, accurate and maintained with a high degree of integrity. Accurate and complete QC records are essential for legal purposes and making data driven decisions for specification setting
- Setting, operating and monitoring technical laboratory equipment in order to ensure consistent and accurate test data output from the laboratory and also the correct environmental test conditions are maintained
- Verification and Calibration of the QC and manufacturing product measuring equipment to ensure it’s fit for purpose and meets the requirements laid down in the quality management system
- Conduct training of laboratory tasks and procedures to other Tensar personnel in order to maintain the required skill levels within the laboratory
- Analyse and present relevant quality and manufacturing data using appropriate software and techniques
- Issue materials and product through the companies ERP system to enable production and warehouse departments to continue progressing with their tasks
Monday to Friday 8:30 – 16:30
Once the apprentice is comfortable within the role they will move onto a 3-shift rota, 06:00 – 14:00, 14:00 – 22:00 & 22:00 – 06:00