PDS Engineering is a World Record breaking company providing world-class precision engineering and manufacture of components to the highest specifications and specializing in engineering excellence. Recognized for rapid response and flexibility alongside a wealth of experience in Aerospace, Defence, Automotive, Petrochemical and Marine applications PDS’ team of engineers offer a one-stop-shop service from concept and design to manufacturing and full production. This amazing apprenticeship, within a family run business, will train you to become a multiskilled maintenance engineer, within the engineering industry, teaching you how to diagnose and fix machinery within a manufacturing environment. There is an exciting new opportunity for a Multiskilled Maintenance Engineering Apprentice to join the PDS CNC Engineering team at their site in Nelson.
Personal characteristics they are looking for include:
This 4 year apprenticeship will include:
• Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
• Carrying out maintenance activities according to the maintenance plans
• Carrying out complex fault diagnosis and repair activities on systems such as:
Maintaining mechanical equipment
Maintaining hydraulic & pneumatic equipment
Maintaining electrical & electronic equipment
Understanding and interpreting process logic control equipment
• Learning to complete all machine maintenance tasks as per the preventative maintenance plans along with developing as required.
• Assisting in identifying and monitoring that the correct level of spare parts is held on site and stored correctly.
• Developing the skills to identify and suggest improvements to prevent machine breakdowns and avoid the reoccurrence of faults and problems.
• Correctly completing all documentation as required on databases & paperwork e.g. the machine history record, preventative maintenance plan etc.
• Recording all work completed, parts used, and problems encountered.
• Assisting the team at PDS in solving technical or quality related concerns/problems.
• Completing any other reasonable tasks as required by the business.
Monday – Thursday 8AM – 4:30PM
Friday 8AM – 1PM