About this vacancy
Prestige Medical Group is a well-established GP Practice in Burnley serving around 15,000 patients. We are seeking to recruit 2 apprentices to join our team. Having previously mentored apprentices you can be confident that our learners are fully supported throughout their studies.
Duties/main responsibilties include:
- To work using own initiative whilst maintaining a good awareness of the limitations of the role
- To pass informative messages to all members of the practice team, both employed and attached in a timely manner
- To seek and accept help in order to achieve the most appropriate outcomes to requests from patients
- To liaise with secondary care providers
- To attend meetings as required, making arrangements to cover personal commitments if necessary
- To establish and maintain filing systems to ensure that written information is easily accessible
- To assist in the gathering of statistics and data as required
- To participate in the maintenance and upkeep of the building e.g. tidying the waiting area, preparing drinks, and washing up, closing, and opening the building and securing the premises at the end of the day
- To ensure that the telephone system’s night service is correct before closing the premises
- To perform any other administrative task appropriate to the post holder’s level of training, and in accordance with the role
Monday to Friday, between the hours of 08:00 and 18:30, shifts to be confirmed.