About this vacancy
HEC Contracting have over 20 years as an electrical installation specialist, primarily working with local authorities and housing associations in the installation and upgrade of domestic electrical installation. Now looking to recruit 6 apprentices to join the team who are eager to learn and make a career for themselves in electrical installation.
- You will need to be confident and have the ability to work independently without the need for constant close supervision.
- Good communication skills are essential for this role.
- You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach.
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail.
- Good hand/eye co-ordination is vital for this role.
- Ability to solve problems in a timely manner that demonstrates both logical and creative thinking.
- You must be numerate and literate.
- Reliability and punctuality is essential.
- Ability to stay calm and think logically in difficult situations.
- You must be committed to both the job and the completion of the qualification and necessary coursework.
- Eager to learn and develop.
- A keen interest in becoming a fully qualified electrician.
Duties/main responsibilties include:
You will be passionate about wanting to undertake an electrical apprenticeship and become a fully qualified electrician. You must have numeracy and literacy skills to be able to make it as an electrician and not be afraid of early starts and hard work. You will be working on high profile projects in the Yorkshire area starting your career as an apprentice electrician.
Starting as an apprentice, you will be employed full time but attend college 1 day per week and work 4 days. You will progress through the apprenticeship over its 3 to 4 years duration. Once qualified you will run your own team.
You will learn the following electrical competencies throughout the apprenticeship:
- Full domestic and commercial electrical installation
- Electrical inspection and testing and commissioning of electrical systems and equipment
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrical systems
- Terminating and connecting of conductors, cable and flexible cords in electrical systems
- Installation of cables and equipment including sockets and switches for electrical installation