Pendle Borough Council are offering an opportunity for someone to start their career in a busy office environment. Over the course of the apprenticeship you will experience many different areas of the business and gain valuable working experiences.
For the right candidate the opportunity to secure future full time employment and progress within the company. Applicants require GCSE grades C (4) or above in both Maths and English.
Skills and personal qualities required for the position:
Please see the link to the company website – https://www.pendle.gov.uk/
Wage£160 per week
The main duties of the role include:
1. To be an integral part of an administration team working with the Council’s IT systems to deal with queries raised by members of the public.
2. To maintain records and paperwork for waste management and frontline staff.
3. To assist with the processing of financial records for purchasing goods and processing of invoices for payment.
4. To assist with the weekly summary of transport sheets including issuing of instructions and collating of information regarding mileage and fuel consumption of Council vehicles.
5. To undertake general filing, use of general office equipment and maintaining of established records.
6. To be responsible for the receipt, recording, monitoring, allocation and distribution of all post and mail.
7. To undertake reception and telephone duties, dealing with customer complaints and ensuring that good relationships are established and maintained with a wide range of customers and clients.
8. To ensure confidentiality in all elements of work.
9. To be aware of your responsibilities under equalities legislation, together with the objectives and targets required in the Equalities Action Plan and to ensure delivery of these objectives within the timescales specified.
Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00