About this vacancy
Earful Ltd provide a multitude of services within the otorhinolaryngology field (the medical study of the ear). At Earful they cover a wide range of procedures from ear examinations to wax removal and supplying hearing aids.
They are currently looking for a business administration apprentice to help organise and coordinate operations behind the scenes.
- Totally committed to providing excellent customer service with a good understanding of customer care
- Build up good working relationships with colleagues, service users and external agencies.
- Team player with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible approach towards achieving business objectives.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to solve problems.
- Managing conflicting priorities by multi-tasking as necessary.
- Adaptable and quick learner with a willingness to further develop skills with our full support.
- Good passes at GCSE & A-Level (if relevant) in Mathematics and English Language (essential)
- Solid experience of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (essential), CRM Systems, Typing/Word processing/Secretarial qualification.
- Relevant experience of working with or in a business support environment (desirable)
SectorBusiness & Management
Duties/main responsibilties include:
- Undertake general administration and secretarial functions and to assist other staff involved in the delivery and management of the business including various site locations for clinics.as and when required. This will include; word processing, spread sheets, updating of records and information systems, photocopying, printing, emailing and filing. Deal with all incoming telephone calls and email enquiries; building rapport, establishing needs and appropriately forwarding to relevant individual and relaying messages accurately.
- Plan, organise and administer project/programme events and workshops/seminars ensuring excellent levels of customer service are adhered to at all times, and to support networking, training, awareness and outreach events.
- Supervise the booking and preparation of client bookings. Be involved and contribute to wider team meetings, taking minutes as and when required.
- Maintain client and business records and spread sheets (suggesting improvements where possible) to ensure objectives are achieved and outputs are efficiently monitored.
- Manage Earful’s filing system and ensuring paper records are kept in an orderly fashion and suitable archiving strategy adopted.
Help maintain a security of the office and ensuring that the Directors are kept up to date with relevant Health and Safety issues and governance issues. Working with the Director who is responsible for IT systems, ensure that staff have adequate support for their day-to-day computer needs.
To keep records of staff holidays and sickness and help plan work schedules for office staff. This includes monitoring renewal dates for systems and relationships with suppliers. (Legal, IT, building, insurance, staff contracts, etc.).
Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00