About this vacancy
The post-holder must have the ability to work within a team as well as individually to meet manufacturing/operational objectives set by the Team Leader. It is essential that the post-holder has a flexible attitude so that they can become a versatile, multi-skilled individual who has the ability to work across various functions within the business.
- Good concentration levels
- An eye for detail
- Willingness to learn
- Has a flexible attitude towards the role.
- Ability to work as part of the team whilst using their own initiative to make autonomous decisions to ensure project deadline compliance.
- The ability to maintain attention to detail by providing high levels of accuracy.
- Highly motivated, driven and disciplined with a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
SectorManufacturing & Engineering
Duties/main responsibilties include:
- Practical skills for using tools and equipment
- Perform Fitting duties including but not limited to: riveting, drilling and sealing.
- Use hand held and air powered tools
- Work with small to medium sized precision components
- To perform all duties in accordance with defined Standard Operating Procedures.
- Frequent communication (several times throughout each day) with the Department’s Team Leader to understand clear production plans so that objectives can be met.
- Ensuring the detail fitting and production of aircraft components is carried out with accuracy, attention to detail and in compliance to specifications and in accordance to schedule times.
- Maintain compliance to all master processes and associated documents therefore ensuring industry standards are upheld in the production of components.
- Undertaking tasks delegated by the Team Leader, Senior Cell Leader &/or Senior Management.
- Ensuring their performance within the team remains a high standard.
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety standards.
- To adhere to procedures which include Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People (SQCDP).
- The regular upkeep of records are maintained ensuring organisational and industry standards are upheld therefore traceability remains explicitly clear.
- Undertaking training and development for set by the Team Leader &/or Senior Cell Leader.
- To contribute and undertake 6S improvements.
- To support cost reduction initiatives by introducing new ideas or removing waste and non-value added time or operations to increase profitability whilst maintaining compliance.
- To support Team Leaders with the maintenance of skills planning and training matrices.
Monday – Friday