About this vacancy
Our vision for ‘World Class’ schooling is one in which all pupils:
- Make outstanding progress in their learning, regardless of ability, gender, social background or ethnic
- Are engaged in a curriculum suffused with memorable experiences and rich in opportunities for learning.
- Learn, with teachers, in an environment which is mutually respectful and promotes a shared enjoyment
- Develop social attitudes and behaviours founded upon the values of respect, responsibility, and
- Develop the transferable skills and attitudes necessary to thrive in the global economy of the 21st Century.
- We believe that we will achieve this through a commitment to the principles of Excellence, Equity,
Engagement, and Enterprise.
- The pages which follow define these principles, illustrate how they inform school
improvement measures and provide a framework to understand progress made towards becoming a ‘World
Duties/main responsibilties include:
- To support the Science Teaching Staff and the Senior Science Technician, including discussing lesson
requirements and work plans.
- To run trial experiments prior to classes and then demonstrating techniques for experiments.
- Preparation of equipment and chemicals for lessons.
- To maintain equipment and laboratory apparatus.
- Ensuring that equipment is properly cleaned and that chemicals and other materials are appropriately
- Supporting the work of teachers in lessons.
- Assisting with the stock control of chemicals and equipment.
- Ensuring that all health and safety procedures are understood and followed correctly.
- To adapt a whole school approach in order to ensure the provision of a high quality service.
- To support the School Improvement Plan by actively reviewing and developing current systems.
- To be responsible for own health and safety and that of pupils, staff and visitors to the school.
Monday – Fri 8am to 3:30pm