Are you ready to join the Elite?
Students on our Elite Athlete Programme have an international reputation for success. They compete for places in the GB Olympic squad; they represent GB in the Junior Commonwealth Games; they are record-breakers and national heroes.
Elite Athlete Programme
If your natural talent in your chosen sport is already seeing results; you’re performing at a top level and are committed to seeing constant improvement in your performance then you have what it takes to join Burnley College’s prestigious Elite Athlete Programme.
As an Elite Athlete you will have:
- Weekly strength and conditioning training targeted to your individual sporting needs
- Support from a dedicated, professional team of former athletes and sports science specialists
- A personalised training plan tailored to your personal goals
- Access to nutritional advice to help you optimise your performance
- Sport Psychology to help you develop the winning mindset
- High-tech performance monitoring via the latest sports science equipment.
- Rehabilitation support through physiotherapy and bespoke exercise programmes.
Your Elite Athlete Training will be scheduled alongside your academic studies, allowing you to combine the very best sports training alongside outstanding teaching in your chosen subject. Burnley College Sixth Form Centre is one of only a handful of TASS accredited (Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme) colleges in the region. This ensures that we have flexible procedures in place to facilitate your participation in top competition, while ensuring you receive the academic support you need to achieve your full potential in whatever course of study you have chosen.
If you think you qualify to be an Elite Athlete at Burnley College – talk to Nathan at [email protected]