Today (Thursday 13 November) we'll be hosting a live Twitter Q+A from 4pm - 5pm where you can ask anything about Volunteering.
As we're now well on our way into the Christmas term, we've been thinking about ways to give a bit more back to our community. We always want to support and help those who could use a little more good luck and friendship in their lives and there's no better time to start thinking about how you can help than Christmas.
That being said, we know that volunteering can seem like a bit of a confusing maze of opportunities, deadlines and age restrictions. We have some fantastic student volunteers here at Burnley College who have plenty of experience in volunteering but we are always looking for new recruits.
So, what can volunteers do?
- Befriend vulnerable people
- Deliver, package and serve food in food banks and community centres
- Teach basic IT lessons in libraries
- Read stories to young people
- Share unique skills with the community
- Make areas beautiful with building, planting or environmental skills
- Help not-for-profit organisations with their administration
- Give advice and guidance
- Care for animals
- Help out and support staff in hospitals, dentist and doctors' surgeries
If you're interested in volunteering but don't know where to start, join us for our Twitter Q+A from 4pm - 5pm today
where you can ask us anything about volunteering, the National Volunteers Service and the qualifications and certifications you can earn as part of your volunteering scheme.
Source Url: http://www.burnley.ac.uk/need-know-volunteeering/