As residents across the area make their New Year Resolutions, College tutors are inviting them to make 2018 their year for success with the help of Adult Learning at Burnley College. Courses will be starting throughout 2018i, with many launching in the coming weeks.
In January and February courses are starting in:
· Construction - including Carpentry and Joinery; Painting and Decorating; Wall and Floor Tiling and Stone Carving for Beginners.
· Creative Arts and Media – including Dressmaking for Beginners; Creative Writing; Principles of Garden Design and Photography.
· Leadership and Management.
· Maths and English for Adults at all levels and abilities.
· Childcare and Education – including Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
· Health and Safety – including IOSH qualifications, Site Supervisor Training and First Aid.
· Accountancy – including Sage and AAT qualifications.
· Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering – including Welding, CAD/CAM and CNC and Composites
· Health and Social Care – including Counselling and Access to Higher Education.
· Business and Leadership
· Information Technology – including CISCO and Microsoft Office for Business qualifications and an introduction to Word, Email and Excel.
· Sports and Public Services – including Gym Instruction, Personal Training qualifications, Exercise Referral and Strength and Conditioning
Simon Jordan, Deputy Principal of Burnley College, said:
“At this time of year, many people are looking ahead to the New Year and planning to make positive changes in their lives.
“If your New Year Resolutions include trying for a promotion at work or embarking on a whole new career, perhaps brushing up on your Maths and English skills or even starting a great new hobby, we can help you here at Burnley College.
“Our friendly and professional tutors have years of experience in helping Adult Learners make the very best of the opportunities open to them.
“We have courses for everyone, whether you need a professional qualification to boost your CV; want a Maths or English qualification that will help you into a job; want to re-skill and follow your career dreams in 2018 or take up a hobby and make new friends, Burnley College has a course for you.
”This could be the start of an amazing academic journey for you that could see you entering Higher Education, studying for a degree and changing your life.”
Danielle Hancock (27), from Burnley, will be returning to College in January to continue her Photography course. She said:
“I discovered a passion for Photography and enrolled on an Adult Education course at Burnley College. Now I run my own business, White Noise Photography.
“My tutor really inspires me with her energy, enthusiasm and ideas, so I really look forward to coming to College.
“If you’ve been thinking of making a change in 2018, go for it – enroll on an Adult Learning course and see just where it will take you.”