- To provide the admin support to the nursery ensuring that the highest level of service is provided to the customer at all times, whilst supporting the business.
- To attend college on a regular basis gaining knowledge and understanding needed to complete the apprenticeship and undertake any relevant training for continuous professional development
- To support the Nursery in achieving targets set by the Senior Management Team and business;
- To provide confidential, effective, efficient and flexible administration support guided by the Nursery Manager
- To provide an efficient, welcoming and courteous reception service, and to promote a professional image of the nursery at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To follow and uphold Giant Leap Policies, Procedures and ethos at all times and report any failings to do so by others to the Manager.
- To collect fees from parents/carers and to ensure that accurate invoices and transaction records are kept and updated as necessary, pursuing outstanding fees and resolving any account queries.
- To maintain accurate confidential databases and paper files as necessary, including staff, children’s and parent’s written records.
- To take new and amended bookings and keep a waiting list system for new children.
- To deal with parents’ queries and changes to booking requirements and arrange visits for new parents.
- To prepare financial and other reports as required and to manage the petty cash system.
- Preparing monthly payroll spreadsheet and overtime sheet. Ensuring that this is authorised by the Manager/Deputy before forwarding to Directors.
- To maintain the nursery’s inventory system, keep accurate details of stock levels and collate orders for administrative/office stationary supplies.
- To assist senior nursery staff with reference to children’s settling-in and start date procedures.
- To oversee administrative arrangements for events, meetings and training workshops.
- To process correspondence and arrange appointments for senior staff.
- To draft parent and staff newsletters, and other literature, as required.
- To support the Nursery Manager with marketing, communication and publicity e.g. flyers, displays etc.; including up-to-date social media e.g. website, facebook, twitter, press release etc.
- To take minutes as required.
- To ensure adherence to nursery’s code of practice on confidentiality, and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Welcoming parents, children and visitors; and providing reception, advice and customer care services for the nursery including dealing with general enquiries.
- Communicating pleasantly and effectively in person, in writing and on the telephone.
- Keeping the reception area and office/desk tidy.
- To keep up to date with current good practice.
- To contribute to and attend his/her supervisions and staff appraisal.
- To attend regular team meetings, conferences, training events or other meetings as identified by the Nursery Manager.
- To perform any other duties as deemed necessary by the Nursery Manager.
- To assist in carrying out nursery Health and Safety checks and risk assessments.
- The hours of work will be Monday to Friday 7.00am - 4.00pm
- Total hours per week: 40.00
Weekly wage - £156.00