Main Purpose of the Post
- To provide administrative support and/or practical/technical/operational support to Divisions and cross College teams.
- To collate and process accurate data.
- To maintain stationery supplies for the Division/relevant team.
- To help prepare for and attend meetings and briefings together with taking minutes when necessary.
- To help for and attend cross College and Divisional events for example Parents’ Evenings, Interview Evenings and Open Events.
- General administrative duties including but not limited to, word-processing, photocopying, responding to telephone enquiries and collecting outgoing mail/delivering incoming mail as appropriate.
- To operate the College switchboard.
- To arrange and administer the booking system for College teaching technology.
- To assure full compliance within the Division and more broadly across the College with key policies, notably Single Equality, Health and Safety and Safeguarding.
- Contribute to College events and staff development activities.
- Provide outstanding support and customer service to our students to assist them to realise their potential and build their future.
- Provide additional support where required with ad-hoc projects.
- To undertake invigilation duties from time to time.
- To carry out such other duties as the Principal may reasonably require.
Members of Burnley College staff are required to work flexibly to deliver outstanding provision at multiple sites, across East Lancashire. As such, staff may be required to work at such other place which the College may reasonably require, for the proper performance and exercise of their duties. For the avoidance of doubt, this may include any premises which the College currently has, or may subsequently acquire, or at any premises at which it may from time to time provide services.
- Monday - Thursday, 08:40 - 17:00 and Friday, 08:40 - 16:30.
- Total hours per week: 37.00
Weekly wage - £185.00