A-Levels Part Time Hourly Paid Lecturers (New subjects added)
Electrical Installation & Securities Trainer/Assessor
With the current growth and interest in Construction and the Built Environment and Environmental Technologies, the College is looking to expand its range of Apprenticeship programmes and qualifications. We are looking to grow our Construction craft Apprenticeship Provision into new areas whilst maintaining our current, high success rates. This post is key to achieving this and will work primarily in the Electrical Installation and Securities sector.
Main Purpose of the Post
To train, assess and review learners. To develop training, monitor and evaluate the progress of learning and accreditation within agreed timescales.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing training programmes leading to the award of appropriate vocational skills qualifications
- Preparing training and review plans and ensure appropriate learning and assessment materials meet the needs of learners and are of the agreed standard.
- Delivering underpinning knowledge/training sessions to learners in the workplace.
- Preparing assessment plans and carrying out regular assessment of learners in the workplace.
- Developing, maintaining and updating individual learning plans to ensure the timely achievement of qualifications as required by awarding bodies and the SFA.
- Tracking, monitoring and reviewing learner progress throughout training and provide feedback as appropriate.
- Involving employers in training and learning, and liaise with them on learner progress.
- Developing relationships with employers in order to generate new business
The ideal candidate will have an appropriate level 3 qualification in Electrical Installation / Securities or a craft specified occupational area, possess an appropriate Health & Safety qualification and Assessor and Verifier qualifications or be prepared to gain these within 12 months.
The model candidate should have knowledge of National Vocational Qualifications and of assessment procedure in work based learning and apprenticeships. This knowledge should be accompanied by experience of undertaking assessments as a part of National Vocational Qualifications and of training/supervising learners.
The new College provides high quality learning facilities for staff and students within the A Levels Division, which is already providing excellent achievement and success, offering a broad range of qualifications. This is a new permanent position due to significant growth in the curriculum area.
The Division of A Levels offers a range of full-time and part-time courses in the curriculum areas of Science, Social Science and Humanities. Most students in the Division are school leavers, predominantly studying at AS/A level. Currently the Division offers a range of over forty different AS/A level subjects – including AS/A level English Language, Literature and Language & Literature and there
are currently over 250 students on these programmes.
Main Purpose of the Post:
To promote and provide an excellent learning experience which ensures high achievement for all students.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Teaching effectively on a range of programmes across the College Curriculum.
- Thoroughly planning and evaluating the effectiveness of teaching.
- Accurately assessing and monitoring student work to assure high achievement and progression.
- Provide effective tutorial and pastoral support.
- Contributing fully to college and divisional teams including sharing best practice and being involved in developing the curriculum.
- Maintaining high quality records and provide timely information.
- Teaching, relevant to subject specialism, up to 832 hours per year.
- Assuring full compliance within the Division and more broadly across the College with key policies, notably the Student Code of Conduct, Equality and Diversity; Health and Safety and Safeguarding Children.
- Taking an active part in the marketing operations of the College including the recruitment and admission of students to the Division.
- Committing to continuous professional development to maintain high professional standards and subject specialisms.
We are seeking an individual with a demonstrable record of outstanding student achievement in AS/A level English. The successful candidate will be someone who is able to deliver a quality student experience in terms of outstanding teaching and learning which lead to positive outcomes. Applicants must have a degree in English Language or Literature or a related subject and a recognised teaching qualification. Detailed knowledge of current AS/A Level and/or GCSE English specifications and experience of teaching AS/A Level English and/or GCSE English is also essential to the position. The ability to offer an additional subject would be an advantage but is not essential to the post.
Information, Advice and Guidance Officer