0.5 Performing Arts Lecturer
The new College provides high quality learning facilities for staff and students within the Creative Arts & Media Division, which is already providing excellent achievement and success, offering a broad range of qualifications. This is a new permanent position due to significant growth in numbers on Performing Arts Courses in the College.
Main Purpose of the Post:
To promote and provide an excellent learning experience which ensures high achievement for all students.
Responsibilities will include:
- Teaching effectively on a range of programmes across the Division’s Curriculum.
- Thoroughly planning and evaluating the effectiveness of teaching.
- Accurately assessing and monitoring student work to assure high achievement and progression.
- Providing effective tutorial and pastoral support.
- Contributing fully to divisional and College teams including sharing best practice and being involved in developing the curriculum.
- Maintaining high quality records and provide timely information.
- Teaching, relevant to subject specialism, up to 416 hours per year.
- Assuring full compliance within the Division and more broadly across the College with key policies, notably the Student Code of Conduct, Equality and Diversity; Health and Safety and Safeguarding Children.
- Taking an active part in the marketing operations of the College including the recruitment and admission of students to the Division.
- Committing to continuous professional development to maintain high professional standards and subject specialisms.
The post holder will work with the Programme Leader for Performance & Music, across the range of Drama programmes delivered and assessed in The Division. This could include BTEC, A Level and H.E and the post holder will be flexible and accommodating to the range of student needs across the levels. They will be a key member of the Performance team and will take an active part in directing and coordinating high profile performances both in the College and in the local community. They will monitor and assess student work and progress as a subject specialist and personal tutor and will contribute to College open evenings and events.
We are seeking an experienced professional, who is a committed team player, to work with the Creative Arts Division. Preferably, the candidate will have a sound knowledge of The Business as well as a background in performance and strong performance knowledge.. A degree level qualification in Drama, Applied Performance or Theatre Studies along with a recognised teaching qualification are essential to this position. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team in an outstanding organisation
A-Levels Part Time Hourly Paid Lecturers (New subjects added)
Additional Learning Support Programme Leader
Additional Learning Support is provided for over 1000 students and consists of individualised support based on need. Detailed assessment and close liaison with external agencies ensure all students receive high quality support and finding is maximised. The team has 40+ Learning Support Assistants, Academic Mentors and Facilitators and provides support for students cross College.
Main Purpose of the Post
- To provide an excellent learning experience by offering high quality Additional Learning Support, that ensures individual student support is appropriate, effective, timely and promotes high achievement for all students.
- To carry out specialist Teacher Assessments for Access Arrangements.
- Supporting ALS Curriculum Manager with the development and maintenance of robust systems and procedures which support the production of accurate and timely data and maximise resources available to meet students support requirements, in order to meet legal requirements.
- Thoroughly planning, evaluating and enhancing the effectiveness of all ALS support cross College.
- Providing effective cross College Divisional support for ALS through regular reviews and evaluations of individual support package.
- Accurately evaluating data from SpirALS / Team to monitor support to assure high achievement and progression for all students.
- Delivering high quality specialist teacher assessments (PATOSS / AMBDA), one to one support and teacher training support on strategies up to 832 hours per year.
- Contributing fully to Divisional and College teams including sharing best practice and being involved in enhancing expertise in delivery of support, teaching, learning and assessment for ALS.
- Being responsible for the administration, co-ordination, resources, and successful leadership of Additional Learning Support cross College.
A Current ApLD Assessment practicing certificate (AMBDA or PATOSS) is essential to this position. The successful applicant must also have a degree or equivalent level qualification in a relevant discipline and possess a recognised teaching qualification or be prepared to gain with 2 years. Knowledge of current issues in teaching and SEN support practices which promote inclusion, SpirALS/Team software and an awareness of current funding and legal requirements for ALS are vital to this role.
Catering Assistant/Chefs Assistant (27 hours per week, Term Time Only)
Electrical Installation and Securities Trainer/Assessor